Monday, July 6, 2009
A new tradition
We started what we would like to make a tradition this past 4th of July. We pulled the kiddos out of bed just before 6:30am and headed out for a 5K run. Ladera Ranch hosted the "Freedom Run" so we signed up for the 5K race. Not running very consistently lately, we made the goal of finishing the race under 30 min (don't forget, we had to push the double jogger stroller the whole time, which weighed almost 100 lbs with the kids in it!). Well, we came in at 29:18 meeting our goal! It was a very fun morning and a good start to our 4th of July holiday. We enjoyed the buzz in the atmosphere - lots of people, a pancake breakfast, crowds cheering you on, and good old race day adrenaline. When we were leaving, Laekin was disappointed saying, "I want to go back to the race!" She thoroughly enjoyed the free 5K ride and all the people watching she got to do. I (Jeremy) have already set the goal to cut 5 minutes off our time and run under 25 minutes next year (while pushing the jogger). We'll see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
great tradition and we hope to be able to join you guys next year!
I think that is great for you guys to do that!!!! I miss you guys sooo much!!! Hope to see you this summer. (Well the rest of what is left at least.)
Comment by: The Tomlinson Family
Post a Comment