Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Son

Little Micah is already over a week old. We are taking it all in every day and enjoying having a son. I continue to be so grateful for the gift of pregnancy and childbirth. Though pregnancy and childbirth can be long, uncomfortable, and painful, I am humbled that God gives us moms the experience of birthing our children into this world. My birth with Micah was so beautiful and greater than I would have imagined. I was able to labor in the tub and give birth in the water. Micah was born at a birth center in Whittier with the incredible support of my husband Jeremy and midwife BJ Snell.



5 comments:

Karen Cleary said...

Looking forward to hearing about the differences between birthing at the center vs the hospital. By the way, that's a great picture of you with Micah!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on your perfect son! You look gorgeous in the pic of you and Micah! I am so happy for you and your family! love you!

christy said...

Great job, Mama! Beautiful labor picture. (Good job Jeremy too!) Clara was a water birth at a birth center and Jack was a homebirth. (a 9lb. 6oz. posterior homebirth!)Anyway, I'm so happy for you and hope you feel energized, empowered and blessed after a successful pregnancy and peaceful birth. Congratulations! Your midwife sounds amazing too!

Wallace said...

jen, congrats to you too! oh my goodness, little micah...he is adorable. you look awesome. i hope we can meet him soon.

rachael said...

Great picture of you in labor! Can't wait to talk more and hear more about it.

We're going to Sea World on Saturday for a birthday thing in the morning, but might still come back early so Iris can nap in the car and we'll go to church. Maybe we'll see you there!

Rachael